It's been a long time....

Oh my, it's been a long time between blog posts. In fact it's been a long time since I've even gone anywhere near my 'big' camera. Well that's all about to change! I will be launching my long awaited business blog/website real, real soon....eek. Anyway, in the meantime, this blog will become my personal blog, a blog where I can further experiment with my photography and document my family life and anything else for that matter.

My daughter Tiana is starting school next year. This will be her last year at home with me. I have been a mum for the last 10 years, and apart from a bit of part time work here and there during that time, it's pretty much all I've known since my son Jaidyn was born. I've been there for my kids day and night, week after week, year after year. How those years have passed, where have they gone? My second and last child, my baby, will be stepping out into the 'real world', away from my protective arms. And although she will still be a kid, as I've found with Jaidyn, something changes within them, pretty much the day they first step into the school grounds. I will no longer be the most important person in her life. I don't know how I am going to be able to cope with that, not having her following me around for most of the day, drawing with her, imagining with her and basically sharing all the special moments with her. I may embrace the change or perhaps I will be lost? I'm hoping to throw myself into my photography and start a new chapter in my life and my families life.

In the meantime however I've decided to start a sort of project a day 'project' based around Tiana and her last year at home before school.

Here is day 1 - 6th March 2011.

Today was dance day. Tiana loves dancing, she is such a shy, almost painfully shy girl, but she truly becomes herself at dance, and I think it's something that she will continue to love for many years to come. After dance today, I took Tiana for her very first 'mani and pedi'. You should have seen the look on her face, she thought she was so grown up!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment